Top 3 Dash Cams With Capacitor
Dashboard cameras are quickly becoming a must have item in our vehicles, with a camera on your dashboard you can easily record pleasant car journeys, check your kids are driving safely when borrowing your car or capture evidence of any events leading up to car accidents, from minor scrapes to major accidents. Details captured by a dashboard camera can prove to be invaluable as you can even look out for ‘Dash Cam Discounts’ from many top insurers!
With over £40m paid out in insurance claims every day, it is crucial that a good quality dash cam is installed, battery powered dash cams are often cheap and not built to last unlike capacitor models which are much more reliable.
Capacitor dash cams are generally considered to be superior to standard rechargeable battery models which will succumb to the wear and tear of use, gradually becoming unreliable. Capacitor dash cams not only recharge more quickly but are not subject to overheating because they are connected to a steady power source.
So, whether you want the reassurance of having another set of eyes on the road or just want to review your journey for fun, a capacitor dash cam is definitely the way to go. Driver safety is something that should never be compromised and a good capacitor dash cam will help you and your family stay safe and enjoy the ride.
AUKEY Review – Our Number 1
For all round peace of mind, the AUKEY Dash Cam Dual 1080P HD Front and Rear Dash Cam (CHECK PRICE!) is an excellent piece of tech that can be depended on whenever and wherever you drive.
This device covers you in every direction and so in the unfortunate (and thankfully unlikely) event of an incident you will have a real time recording at your fingertips of your driving and of those around you. It has some very useful features:
- Front and rear-view cameras work in unison to provide the bigger picture of your journey, nothing is missed in front or behind you and coverage extends to the sides too.
- USB car charger offers a continuous and steady power supply, removing the possibility of battery failure and significantly extending the life-span of the device.
- Up to 10 hours of HD quality recording on a 64GB SD card.
- ‘Loop recording’ means old and irrelevant video recordings are replaced with up to date footage, saving space on the SD card.
- Sony made Exmor sensors can be depended upon to capture the highest quality images in High Def 1080P during the day and performs well during night time driving too.
- Comes complete with all required mounting hardware as well as USB car charger and USB cables large enough for vans and SUVs for both cameras. Included Instruction manual makes installation a doddle.
- Built in screen allows you to review your footage or can be switched off if you prefer.
- Recording is automatically triggered whenever the car is in use but with additional motion detection technology, recording can continue when you have left your vehicle. No more ‘dint and runs’!
- Built in G-Sensor which monitors gravity will lock in recordings of any incidents affecting the movement of your car. Anything unexpected will not be missed by this device.
AUKEY Dash Cam Dual 1080P HD Front and Rear Dash Cam with its world class Sony sensor technology ensures that this dash cam can be
considered top of the range despite its reasonable price.
With a well-designed and intuitive user interface, menu navigation is very simple so you know that this dash cam is doing what you want it to do. Reliability in dash cams is key and the AUKEY Dash Cam Dual 1080P HD Front and Rear Dash Cam can be depended upon to protect you from absent minded drivers in any event while the quality of its lenses means that even details such as car registration numbers are clearly recorded.
Features: Sony Exmor technology – Built-in view screen – Front and rear coverage – Clear, sharp recording – SD compatible with 128GB – Sleek design
AUTO-VOX Novatek Review – Number 2
If you are concerned about a car accident affecting your insurance or just want the peace of mind that comes with having a second set of eyes on the road, the AUTO-VOX A118C Car Recorder is an excellent choice. It’s battery free capacitor technology ensures long term reliability and even includes a built in 1.5” High Def screen that allows you to view recorded video with sound on the go. For a good price, there are a lot of worthy features on this model:
- The AUTO-VOX Novatek A118C is one of very few models with a built-in screen for reviewing footage.
- Choice of High resolution recording, 1920x1080P or 1280x720P with built in microphone for sound recording too.
- Convenient to use ‘auto-start’ functionality means you have one less thing to remember during your journey.
- Wide angle viewing lens ensures your recordings have the full picture of your driving and your surroundings.
- Easy to install and once placed is small enough to be completely unobtrusive to your driving view.
- Capacitor technology prevents the risk of overheating which can affect the reliability of battery powered dash cams.
- Special G-Sensor technology seamlessly detects changes in speed and any collisions, locking the footage recorded at that time for safe-keeping.
- Very secure once mounted and is small enough not to be noticed.
- Compatible with USB car adaptors if required, SD card compatible.
The AUTO-VOX Novatek A118C is a fine product from a company with over 10 years experience, this capacitor dash cam offering excellent value for money considering its range of features. While easy to use, recordings are reliably captured in day and night conditions and are nice and clear when being reviewed. Its mini design is discreet and blends in seamlessly with the rest of your car’s interior. The AUTO-VOX Novatek A118C proves that you do not need to pay a premium price for a premium product.
Features: Wide angle panoramic recording – Built-in viewing screen – Reliable capacitor technology– Easy to use – Choice of resolutions – Very discreet
i-Tentek B40D Review – Number 3
If you’re looking for a reliable, high definition capacitor dash cam that records the front and rear views of your vehicle then the i-Tentek B40D Dual Camera Capacitor is definitely worth a look. At a very reasonable price, this is a genuinely innovative device with a range of features and specifications not found on many other models. Here are some of the excellent features that make this dash cam special:
- Two cameras included, front and rear – your journey really is recorded in full and the front camera is in crystal clear 1080p HD. Both cameras record simultaneously.
- An extra wide camera angle of 170° beats the human eye by a clear 50°, it can literally see more of your surroundings than you can.
- Small form and simple to install behind your rear-view mirror. It’s unobtrusive and when it’s mounted it doesn’t rattle or vibrate causing you any unnecessary distractions.
- Easy to use auto-start feature means you don’t even have to think about it, built-in G-sensor ensures any incidents or collisions are automatically saved.
- Economical – Aptina AR0330 6G lens and Novatek chipset are both low powered components so your car battery use and fuel consumption are minimised.
- High quality video images allow accurate recording of details including car number plates that other cameras might miss.
- Option to record sound if required.
- Reliable MP4 recording on an SD card means that your data is safe. Even if the device is unplugged accidentally, like a good computer nothing will be lost.
- Compatible with GPS tracking device if required for personal or commercial use.
I-Tentek are known for the affordable and reliable electronic equipment and the I-Tentek B40D is a fine example of compact design which won’t affect the aesthetics of your car. Its extra rear facing camera gives you twice the protection of a standard, front view only dash cam and an easy to use and install. This is an excellent choice of capacitor dash cam and your insurance company will thank you for having one!
Features: High definition recording – Front and rear view– Easy to use – Reliable MP4 format – Small, stealthy design – GPS compatible
Like with any other electronic equipment you should try and avoid compromising on quality for the sake of price. For this reason, the AUKEY Dash Cam Dual 1080P HD Front and Rear Dash Cam has to be the model to recommend.
The quality of Sony technology recordings combined with its reliability and durability means that you are getting the utmost protection a capacitor dash cam can provide when many thousands of pounds are at stake during insurance disputes. Go for the AUKEY Dash Cam Dual 1080P HD Front and Rear Dash Cam and you will not be disappointed.